http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfDwChOoHI
I thought I had a dream
where life was how I wanted it to be
I woke up to see
that this dream wasn' t a reality
I thought I had a dream
where I could fly with the stars
(instead) I woke to screaming cars
and nothing but scars
If only I could dream of happiness
then maybe I would be satisfied
with the mediocridy of nullified
Or perhaps dream of loneliness
and be content with happiness
--------------------------
FOOTNOTE:
Im not sure about the whole last stanza. I feel like it explains the previous two stanzas, but may be too dfficult to understand. I guess I'll leave it for now and make changes later.
This poem was inspired my numerous things- one being Martin Luther King's opening line, "I had a dream....". The other inspiration is a song by Priscilla Ahn, "Dream." Both are wonderful. Last is my previous post about my dreams.
Comment if you feel, please!
Bonjour...
Please drop a drop in my bucket, merci.
Meet Me
- audrey
- Nebraska
- I love to write mostly poetry and music. Occasionally I will write about political topics I feel strongly about. I also newly started photograhpy,that portion is under construction! please leave a comment. thanks
Followers
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment